RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — It’s estimated that more than half of all pets in the United States are either overweight or obese.
It’s a condition which only seems to be getting worse.
Dr. Charles Livaudais sat down with CBS 17 and explained some of the common causes and the debilitating effects it can have on animals.
Check out the video above for more information on obesity in pets.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Holly Springs officer transporting prisoner involved in pileup on US 1
- 6 Fort Bragg pilots to perform helicopter flyover before Army-Navy game
- 2 killed in multi-vehicle wreck in Fayetteville
- Police: Man wearing blonde wig, high heels, on the run after robbing NC bank
- Liquid meth found inside transmission fluid, coolant containers
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now