NEW YORK (CBS NEWS) — Odafin is a German Shorthaired Pointer living in Manhattan and he has a favorite song.
The 1-year old puppy is a big fan of the Law and Order theme song and drops whatever he is doing to sing along when it comes on TV.
Odafin’s singing resounded with others on social media this week while most Americans are working from home due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Odafin’s owner, Pete Schultz, a writer for SNL’s Weekend Update, posted the video on Twitter saying, “This is as good a time as any to tell you that my dog sings along to the Law & Order theme song every time he hears it.”
Pete followed up the tweet with a shout-out to his girlfriend, Vee Benard, saying she created an Instagram account full of videos of Odafin singing to his favorite song. The video posted with Pete’s tweet has been viewed over 4 million times since it was posted Wednesday.
Vee says Odafin, nicknamed Fin, was named after the character of the same name portrayed by Ice-T in Law and Order: SVU. It was all a coincidence, though, because Fin was named before the couple found out how much he loved the theme song. Vee says they’re not sure why it’s his favorite song, but they’re “not complaining.”
Pete tweeted that videos of Fin singing to the song “take up most of the memory” on his phone.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fayetteville residents ask fellow citizens to ‘do their part’ and follow the city’s curfew
- Central NC animal shelters adapting to help animals, pet owners during COVID-19 pandemic
- Coronavirus test kits meant for the UK found to be contaminated with COVID-19
- ‘I’m sort of powerless’: Awaiting COVID-19 test results, Triangle man remains under quarantine
- Police find 192 rolls of toilet paper stashed in stolen SUV in Beverly Hills
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now