RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A local fundraiser looked a little different than usual Saturday, but still brought in plenty of fans of beer and beagles.
People and their pups pulled up to Lonerider Brewery in Raleigh for the Beagle Brew Thru. People could preorder their favorite craft beers, and drive through to pick them up.
Hand sanitizer, which has sometimes been hard to find during the coronavirus pandemic, was also available to order this year.
The event raised money for Triangle Beagle Rescue.
“Everyone practiced social distancing. There was no gathering, just waving,” explained Leann Tenbusch, with Triangle Beagle Rescue.
She said the event meant a lot to the rescue since many other fundraisers were canceled due to the pandemic.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Thousands sign petition to remove ‘White Pride’ billboard along Arkansas highway
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19
- Police searching for person who shot a woman overnight in East Raleigh
- 2-year-old facing life-threatening injuries after being shot in Charlotte
- NC high school athletes in holding pattern as NCHSAA decides on pause during pandemic