RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A local fundraiser looked a little different than usual Saturday, but still brought in plenty of fans of beer and beagles.
People and their pups pulled up to Lonerider Brewery in Raleigh for the Beagle Brew Thru. People could preorder their favorite craft beers, and drive through to pick them up.
Hand sanitizer, which has sometimes been hard to find during the coronavirus pandemic, was also available to order this year.
The event raised money for Triangle Beagle Rescue.
“Everyone practiced social distancing. There was no gathering, just waving,” explained Leann Tenbusch, with Triangle Beagle Rescue.
She said the event meant a lot to the rescue since many other fundraisers were canceled due to the pandemic.
- Wake Count advocates conduct annual count of homeless population
- How to get the most out of your free N95 mask
- Notre Dame takes off early in 2nd half en route to 73-65 win over NC State
- Charles Ray Finch, who spent more than 40 years in prison for wrongful murder conviction, dies at 83
- ‘It scared the bejeezus out of me’ – Durham woman had flying ice shatter her windshield