RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A local fundraiser looked a little different than usual Saturday, but still brought in plenty of fans of beer and beagles.
People and their pups pulled up to Lonerider Brewery in Raleigh for the Beagle Brew Thru. People could preorder their favorite craft beers, and drive through to pick them up.
Hand sanitizer, which has sometimes been hard to find during the coronavirus pandemic, was also available to order this year.
The event raised money for Triangle Beagle Rescue.
“Everyone practiced social distancing. There was no gathering, just waving,” explained Leann Tenbusch, with Triangle Beagle Rescue.
She said the event meant a lot to the rescue since many other fundraisers were canceled due to the pandemic.
- ‘Keep Pounding?’: Longtime Panthers chant notably absent from Sunday’s game
- Sir Walter Raleigh Award nominations due today: how can you submit?
- World’s whitest paint could eliminate need for home air conditioning
- Knightdale firefighter paddling to honor first responders, Clayton firefighter who died from COVID-19
- Man injured after his car is shot into while driving in Durham, police say