MONCKS CORNER, S.C. (WCBD) – Deputies in Berkeley County helped capture an alligator after one was reported on Wednesday.
Deputies responded to Broughton Road to assist the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources with locating the alligator.
Once officials were able to capture the 3.5 foot-long alligator, they decided to name him Alligator Dorian.
After being handled by professionals, Dorian was relocated to a safer area, according to officials.
“We tried to tell you all… there is a zero-tolerance for looters! Even those looters with a tail… and claws. This little baby gator …. is under arrest for looting in the Town of Moncks Corner,” deputies posted in jest along with images of the baby gator.
- Cause of fire at Durham auto repair shop under investigation
- Raleigh Police arrest and charge 18-year-old in murder of 17-year-old
- Horne’s career night carries Virginia Tech past Pittsburgh 67-57
- 1st half run helps Miami in 71-54 win over Wake Forest
- Clemson stuns No. 5 Louisville with 77-62 upset
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now