WHITEVILLE, N.C. (WECT) – Firefighters were busy Saturday morning, but they weren’t fighting flames.
Whiteville City fire crews were called to help free a deer trapped in a fence.
Video shows three men working together to manipulate the fence and keep the deer safe and relaxed under a white sheet.
“She’s been pawing at the ground for quite a while,” someone says in the background of the video. “She didn’t do all that in a couple of hours.”
“It would have been all night long,” another person said while the camera recorded the rescue.
After pulling out the heavy machinery, firefighters were able to cut parts of the fence away and free the bruised and exhausted doe from the metal bars.
“She ran out of sight, so we are hopeful for a full recovery,” the post from the fire department said.
- US heads into a new week shaken by violence and pandemic
- Semi driver charged after driving tanker truck through crowd of Minneapolis protesters
- Wake County offering drive-thru COVID-19 testing for at-risk residents
- George Floyd’s children denounce violence following protests across the country
- Employees stop attempted robbery by locking suspect inside Durham store
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now