WHITEVILLE, N.C. (WECT) – Firefighters were busy Saturday morning, but they weren’t fighting flames.
Whiteville City fire crews were called to help free a deer trapped in a fence.
Video shows three men working together to manipulate the fence and keep the deer safe and relaxed under a white sheet.
“She’s been pawing at the ground for quite a while,” someone says in the background of the video. “She didn’t do all that in a couple of hours.”
“It would have been all night long,” another person said while the camera recorded the rescue.
After pulling out the heavy machinery, firefighters were able to cut parts of the fence away and free the bruised and exhausted doe from the metal bars.
“She ran out of sight, so we are hopeful for a full recovery,” the post from the fire department said.
- Dad charged after pre-teen girl driving car kills man and his dog, police say
- NC man awarded $6M after wrongful conviction release has died
- Key NC highway reopens after tanker overturns, closing road for hours
- Search continues for 2 firefighters who vanished during fishing trip
- $2.3 million worth of marijuana found mixed with load of jalapeño peppers
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now