ASHEBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – The North Carolina Zoo’s baby chimp turned six months old on Wednesday.
As you can see from the video, he walks on his own and is very alert.
The Zoo gave the public a chance several months ago to name the new baby boy chimpanzee Obi.
The Zoo said Obi is a Nigerian word that means “one who charms” or “heart.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Photo gallery: Remembering Sean Connery
- Skinwalker Ranch: Possibly the spookiest place on Earth
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now