RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Fitness has been a part of Olo Onuma’s life for decades, and he hopes to inspire young people to make it a large part of their lives too. “One of our goals at Lifetime [Fitness] is helping parents raise healthy and happy kids” says Onuma.
Raising healthy and happy kids can begin by teaching those kids how to stay fit– and starting at a young age. Onuma created a program that teaches children as young as six years old, how to workout in a top-notch facility– and the best part, is that the kids love it!
“I really liked running on the treadmill, I though it was awesome” said 11-year old Gabriel Loyola.
This program, called Evolution Lifetime Fitness, began in June 2019, and could change lives for years to come.
- Friends mourn Smithfield dad who died while swimming in Cape Fear River
- Daughters save dad’s life after he has allergic reaction to bee sting
- Former Fort Bragg doctor joins NC State grad aboard International Space Station
- 1 taken to hospital after car plows into SC dentist’s office
- Triangle EMS workers responding to more heat-related calls
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now