GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — The Atlantic Coast Conference is rescheduling games because of the effects of the novel coronavirus.
No. 12 Miami’s home game against Georgia Tech on Nov. 21 and its game at Wake Forest the following Saturday are being rescheduled. The announcement Monday follows positive tests and subsequent quarantining of players within the Miami team.
Georgia Tech-Miami will now be played Dec. 19 if the Hurricanes are not in the ACC championship game that day.
Miami’s game against the Demon Deacons will be played Dec. 5 instead of Nov. 28, and Western Carolina at UNC Chapel Hill, previously scheduled for Dec. 11, also will be played that Saturday.
The next Saturday, Dec. 12, will feature Louisville at Boston College, which was previously scheduled for Nov. 27, and UNC at Miami, which was moved from the previous week.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Picture found in long lost book leads to nationwide search for family
- Death investigation underway after body found in Durham
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- Biden to mark ‘Bloody Sunday’ by signing voting-rights order
- Portion of I-95 South in Johnston County closed due to overturned fuel tanker