Chase Brice, who started his collegiate career at Clemson, will now compete for the starting quarterback job at Appalachian State, he tweeted Wednesday.
Brice spent three season at Clemson before transferring to Duke.
The Georgia native started at quarterback for the Blue Devils during their 2-9 season in 2020.
He threw 10 touchdowns, 15 interceptions and completed 193 of 352 passes for 2,170 yards in 2020.
He announced his intentions to transfer from Duke in the days after their season ended earlier in December.
On Wednesday, he tweeted that he would attend App State.
Appalachian State just defeated North Texas 56-28 in the Myrtle Beach Bowl on Monday.
The Mountaineers finished the season 9-3.
Coming out of high school, Brice earned scholarship offers from Miami, Michigan State, Wake Forest, Louisville and a host of others.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- US Marshals arrest man wanted for shooting 3 at Durham home; suspect held under $1.5M bond
- Knightdale residents say the town is muzzling ways to speak out against rezoning
- Philosopher UFOlogist says humans are not ready to make contact
- Official: 1 dead after section of Outer Banks bridge drops 110 feet into inlet
- Derek Chauvin won’t testify at murder trial in George Floyd’s death