MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) – D’Eriq King threw four touchdown passes and No. 13 Miami beat Pittsburgh 31-19.
Will Mallory caught two of King’s scoring passes as the Hurricanes bounced back from a 42-17 loss at top-ranked Clemson last week.
The Panthers lost their third straight and were without senior quarterback Kenny Pickett, who suffered an ankle injury against Boston College last week.
Pickett leads the nation with 1,389 passing yards but didn’t travel with the team to South Florida.
Redshirt freshman Joey Yellen replaced Pickett, completing 22 of 46 passes for 277 yards and a touchdown.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC barbecue restaurant owner saves 93-year-old regular customer from choking
- Tax season is on its way — why some in NC may get a double tax hit
- One year later: Remembering Kobe Bryant and 8 others who died in helicopter crash
- PHOTOS: Murals around the country honor late Kobe Bryant, daughter Gianna Bryant
- Trump endorses Sarah Sanders in Arkansas governor’s race