PITTSBURGH (AP) – Devin Leary hit Emeka Emezie for the go-ahead touchdown with 23 seconds remaining and North Carolina State stunned No. 24 Pittsburgh 30-29.
Leary, making his first start of the season, drove the Wolfpack 79 yards in 12 plays, the final 13 coming on a perfect back-shoulder throw to Emezie.
Emezie made a perfect spinning grab to give N.C. State its first victory over a ranked team since 2017.
Leary finished 28 of 44 for 336 yards and four touchdowns, including two in the fourth quarter to put N.C. State (2-1, 2-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) in front.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Durham County Sheriff starts public safety community discussion series, address Texas tragedy
- Durham company sends engineered blood vessels to Ukraine to help people injured in war
- EF0 tornado confirmed during Monday’s storms in Durham County
- How will Durham’s proposed budget fund programs that will fight gun violence?
- Body remains missing after full day search of Cape Fear River