BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) – Hendon Hooker ran for a career-high 164 yards and three touchdowns and threw for a score in No. 23 Virginia Tech’s 40-14 victory over Boston College on Saturday night.
Khalil Herbert added 143 yards rushing for the Hokies.
Virginia Tech improved to 3-1 overall and in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
The Hokies chalked up 350 yards on the ground while bouncing back from a road loss to North Carolina.
The Eagles are 3-2 overall and 2-2 in the ACC.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Member of Cary elementary school tests positive for COVID-19
- Fayetteville police search for suspect after girl escapes abduction
- Thursday, October 29th: Back-to-work etiquette tips, community flag football game details
- Woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first
- Community flag football game coming November 7, Covid regulations apply