GREENSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – The Notre Dame at Wake Forest game originally scheduled for Saturday will now be played Dec. 12, the Atlantic Coast Conference said Wednesday.
Saturday’s matchup was postponed following a series of positive COVID-19 tests from within the Fighting Irish football team.
Wake Forest was scheduled to host Campbell on Oct. 9 – that game will now be play a week earlier on Oct. 2 at 7 p.m.
The Campbell at Wake Forest game will be shown on the ACC Network.
Each ACC team has two scheduled open dates in anticipation of postponements and cancellations due to the pandemic.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh LGBT communities say Biden’s reversal of military transgender ban is a huge win
- Wake County man facing new indecent liberties with a child charges
- VIDEO: Man steals police SUV, leads cops on 20-mile chase before capture
- Myrtle Beach businesses skeptical of Biden’s plan to raise minimum wage to $15 an hour
- Marijuana, Xanax, guns, cash seized in Lee County drug bust