GREENSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – The Notre Dame at Wake Forest game originally scheduled for Saturday will now be played Dec. 12, the Atlantic Coast Conference said Wednesday.
Saturday’s matchup was postponed following a series of positive COVID-19 tests from within the Fighting Irish football team.
Wake Forest was scheduled to host Campbell on Oct. 9 – that game will now be play a week earlier on Oct. 2 at 7 p.m.
The Campbell at Wake Forest game will be shown on the ACC Network.
Each ACC team has two scheduled open dates in anticipation of postponements and cancellations due to the pandemic.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tropical Storm Zeta strengthens, is expected to regain hurricane status Wednesday
- 3 Wake County high schools confirm COVID-19 case associated with athletics
- Man buys car for stranger after learning of ‘distraught’ single mother’s plight
- Idaho men charged with conspiring to sell hard-to-trace guns in North Carolina
- Lara Trump and ‘Diamond and Silk’ to appear in Johnston County Wednesday