BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) – Quincy Patterson II came off the bench to throw two touchdown passes and run for another score, leading No. 20 Virginia Tech to a 45-24 victory over North Carolina State.
Despite playing without 23 players and four coaches because of coronavirus issues and injuries – including starting quarterback Hendon Hooker – the Hokies raced to an early 17-0 lead over the Wolfpack.
The season opener was delayed two weeks because of two COVID-related postponements.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Lee County suspends vaccine registration due to limited supply
- Burger King tweets, ‘Women belong in the kitchen’ on International Women’s Day
- 19-year-old found dead after running multiple blocks after being shot, Fayetteville police say
- Franklin County detention officer charged in ‘elaborate scheme’ to provide drugs to inmates
- COVID-19 in NC: Numbers continue to decline across state