SYRACUSE, NY (AP) – Tommy DeVito threw for two scores, Sean Tucker ran for two others and Syracuse broke out of its offensive doldrums to defeat Georgia Tech 37-20 for its first win of the season.
The game, which was delayed more than 30 minutes while three Syracuse players were retested for COVID-19, was the first in the refurbished Carrier Dome.
The Orange scored 17 points off Georgia Tech turnovers. DeVito was 13 of 24 for 192 yards.
Freshman Sean Tucker had 111 yards on 22 carries and touchdown runs of 38 and four yards.
Jeff Sims completed 13 of 28 passes for 174 yards and one touchdown for the Yellow Jackets but threw four interceptions.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man seriously injured after being shot multiple times by woman at Durham home, police say
- Les Miles, Kansas agree to ‘mutual’ split after LSU report on sexual complaints
- Durham County receives Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine; still no word about mass vaccination clinic
- 2 from NC among college baseball players arrested for hazing, SC deputies say
- 7-year-old girl who sold lemonade to pay for brain surgery recovering after procedure