CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – North Carolina graduate defensive back Myles Wolfolk has been ruled academically ineligible for the 12th-ranked Tar Heels.
Team spokesman Jeremy Sharpe said Thursday that Wolfolk “fell behind” in his graduate work during the past semester.
He had graduated in December with degrees in sociology and communications. But Sharpe said Wolfolk will be “unable to participate moving forward.”
The Tar Heels were scheduled to play Charlotte on Saturday. But the 49ers canceled the game after contact tracing and quarantines amid the coronavirus pandemic depleted the offensive line position.
Latest ACC Football coverage:
- NC State football adds home-and-home games with South Carolina
- GoFundMe started for NC State mascot diagnosed with heart disease
- UNC, Duke football given noon kickoff
- UNC slips a spot in Top 25 poll despite win over NC State; Clemson remains No. 1
- No. 11 Miami holds off Virginia 19-14, moves to 5-1