CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – North Carolina graduate defensive back Myles Wolfolk has been ruled academically ineligible for the 12th-ranked Tar Heels.
Team spokesman Jeremy Sharpe said Thursday that Wolfolk “fell behind” in his graduate work during the past semester.
He had graduated in December with degrees in sociology and communications. But Sharpe said Wolfolk will be “unable to participate moving forward.”
The Tar Heels were scheduled to play Charlotte on Saturday. But the 49ers canceled the game after contact tracing and quarantines amid the coronavirus pandemic depleted the offensive line position.
Latest ACC Football coverage:
- ACC releases 2023 season schedules; will be 1st year under new model
- Virginia’s Armstrong commits to play QB at NC State
- Nix leads No. 15 Oregon to Holiday Bowl win vs. Tar Heels
- NC State QB Devin Leary to enter transfer portal
- UNC moves up in Top 25 poll as NC State drops out for 1st time this season