CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) – Brennan Armstrong and Lavel Davis Jr. teamed up on a pair of early fourth-quarter touchdown passes and Virginia rallied past Duke, 38-20.
Armstrong hit Davis, a freshman, on an 18-yard fade route in the left corner of the end zone to give the Cavaliers (1-0, 1-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) a 24-20 lead.
After Joey Blount’s interception, he hit him for 26 yards, with Davis pulling away from two Duke defenders about eight yards from the end zone and powering his way in.
The Blue Devils turned the ball over seven times. It’s their worst start since the 2010 team lost its first six games.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- At least 1 dead as Hurricane Zeta hammers Gulf Coast
- U.S. Marshals searching for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in NC
- President Trump targeting rural voters in recent NC campaign stops
- ALERT DAY: Zeta remnants bring severe weather, wind to NC Thursday