RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The ACC Network has been in the works a long time.
On Thursday, the network will finally go live – bringing Atlantic Coast Conference fans closer to the teams they love.
On Facebook, the Network and ACC schools have been posting teasers and count down images leading up to the launch.
On Wednesday, an image of the number 1 appeared on Facebook pages associated with the ACC Network.
But that particular “1” looked strikingly familiar.
The same looking numeral appeared on The Beatles 2000 album “1.”
Other countdown images have included numbers with ACC athletes who wore the same number.
No. 5 and Syracuse’s Donovan McNabb, No. 9 and N.C. State’s Mario Williams, 15 and Syracuse’s Carmelo Anthony, and No. 19 with UNC’s Mia Hamm.
The ACC Network got by with a little help from their friends with the final number.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Sen. Bernie Sanders heads back to NC ahead of Super Tuesday
- Gibbs scores with 0.1 seconds left, Irish beat BC 62-61
- Hughes scores 25, Syracuse blows out Pittsburgh 72-49
- Clark’s 3-pointer lifts Virginia past Virginia Tech, 56-53
- House passes bill to make lynching a federal crime, 65 years after death of Emmett Till