RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The ACC Network has been in the works a long time.
On Thursday, the network will finally go live – bringing Atlantic Coast Conference fans closer to the teams they love.
On Facebook, the Network and ACC schools have been posting teasers and count down images leading up to the launch.
On Wednesday, an image of the number 1 appeared on Facebook pages associated with the ACC Network.
But that particular “1” looked strikingly familiar.
The same looking numeral appeared on The Beatles 2000 album “1.”
Other countdown images have included numbers with ACC athletes who wore the same number.
No. 5 and Syracuse’s Donovan McNabb, No. 9 and N.C. State’s Mario Williams, 15 and Syracuse’s Carmelo Anthony, and No. 19 with UNC’s Mia Hamm.
The ACC Network got by with a little help from their friends with the final number.
- 1 taken to hospital after shooting at North Hills shopping center in Raleigh; 1 detained
- No. 18 Alabama beats No. 1 North Carolina 103-101 in 4 OTs
- The man behind the Panthers mascot: Being Sir Purr’s assistant is a full-time job!
- Edey scores 21 as No. 24 Purdue upsets No. 8 Duke 75-56 in Phil Knight Legacy tournament
- Fugitive sex offender nabbed in NC town after month-long search; woman helped him hide out, deputies say