RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Evgeny Kuznetsov and Lars Eller each had a goal and an assist, and the Washington Capitals held off the Carolina Hurricanes for a 4-3 win.
Richard Panik and Jakob Vrana also scored for the Capitals, who had dropped two in a row.
Rookie goalie Ilya Samsonov stopped 38 shots to win for the 11th time in 13 starts this season.
Washington led 4-1 early in the third period before Carolina rallied on power-play goals by Teuvo Teravainen and Ryan Dzingel.
Samsonov stopped Warren Foegele late in the game to preserve the win.
Jordan Staal also scored for Carolina, which dropped to 2-1-0 on its seven-game homestand.
- Two displaced after Durham apartment fire
- At least five displaced, one injured in Durham boarding house fire
- Track coach remembers NC teen killed in hit-and-run as star athlete
- Virginia’s highest court upholds weapons ban at gun rally
- Carolina drops OT decision to Anaheim for 3rd straight loss
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now