RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Evgeny Kuznetsov and Lars Eller each had a goal and an assist, and the Washington Capitals held off the Carolina Hurricanes for a 4-3 win.
Richard Panik and Jakob Vrana also scored for the Capitals, who had dropped two in a row.
Rookie goalie Ilya Samsonov stopped 38 shots to win for the 11th time in 13 starts this season.
Washington led 4-1 early in the third period before Carolina rallied on power-play goals by Teuvo Teravainen and Ryan Dzingel.
Samsonov stopped Warren Foegele late in the game to preserve the win.
Jordan Staal also scored for Carolina, which dropped to 2-1-0 on its seven-game homestand.
- $1 million worth of cocaine seized by Cumberland County deputies
- Tergus Pharma expanding in RTP; set to become one of country’s largest dermatology manufacturers
- Durham police investigate 2nd deadly shooting in 24 hours
- Colonial Pipeline restarts entire system, resumes product delivery
- NC to keep indoor mask mandate despite CDC’s new guidance