RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Evgeny Kuznetsov and Lars Eller each had a goal and an assist, and the Washington Capitals held off the Carolina Hurricanes for a 4-3 win.
Richard Panik and Jakob Vrana also scored for the Capitals, who had dropped two in a row.
Rookie goalie Ilya Samsonov stopped 38 shots to win for the 11th time in 13 starts this season.
Washington led 4-1 early in the third period before Carolina rallied on power-play goals by Teuvo Teravainen and Ryan Dzingel.
Samsonov stopped Warren Foegele late in the game to preserve the win.
Jordan Staal also scored for Carolina, which dropped to 2-1-0 on its seven-game homestand.
- Teen girl seriously injured in stabbing in Raleigh, police say
- ‘This is the year of sudden change’: UNC’s Mack Brown ready for curveballs
- Raleigh police investigating shooting near downtown
- ‘I’m sick of it’: Families impacted by Durham gun violence call for more action
- COVID-19 outbreak persists at Johnston County nursing home
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now