RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Evgeny Kuznetsov and Lars Eller each had a goal and an assist, and the Washington Capitals held off the Carolina Hurricanes for a 4-3 win.
Richard Panik and Jakob Vrana also scored for the Capitals, who had dropped two in a row.
Rookie goalie Ilya Samsonov stopped 38 shots to win for the 11th time in 13 starts this season.
Washington led 4-1 early in the third period before Carolina rallied on power-play goals by Teuvo Teravainen and Ryan Dzingel.
Samsonov stopped Warren Foegele late in the game to preserve the win.
Jordan Staal also scored for Carolina, which dropped to 2-1-0 on its seven-game homestand.
- 2-year-old hugs pizza delivery driver not knowing he just lost his daughter
- Health officials warn of scam products claiming to prevent, treat coronavirus
- 3 charged after 11-year-old gives birth in Missouri bathtub
- First lady Melania Trump honored with ‘Woman of Distinction’ award
- Winter weather school closures: Feb. 20
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now