LAS VEGAS (AP) — Andrei Svechnikov and Justin Williams scored in the shootout, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-5 victory over the Vegas Golden Knights.
The loss spoiled the home debut of Vegas coach Peter DeBoer, who was hired Jan. 15 and coached his first seven games with the Golden Knights on the road.
Martin Necas, Teuvo Teravainen, Sebastian Aho, Erik Haula and Haydn Fleury scored in regulation for the Hurricanes.
James Reimer made 31 saves.
Cody Eakin, Max Pacioretty, Jon Merrill, Shea Theodore and Chandler Stephenson scored for Vegas.
Marc-Andre Fleury, who dropped to 18-10-5 lifetime against Carolina, made 29 saves.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Illinois lawmakers introduce bill to ban Native American mascots that don’t have tribe approval
- New NC poll: Sanders leads tight primary race, Gov. Cooper has highest job approval in state
- Crash closes I-85 near Durham; detour in place
- Quaden’s family declines Disney trip, will donate money to charities
- Coronavirus: How to protect yourself
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now