RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Defenseman Dougie Hamilton will represent Carolina in the 2020 NHL All-Star Game, according to a news release from the team.
Hamilton will play for the Metropolitan Division’s team for the Jan. 24-25 weekend. The festivities will be held in St. Louis.
This is Hamilton’s first appearance in the event. The 26-year-old’s 13 goals rank second among NHL defensemen. His most recent marker came in a win Saturday over the Washington Capitals. His 36 points are good for third, as well.
Hamilton, who was acquired in a trade with Calgary, has 75 points in 121 games since arriving in Raleigh before the 2018-19 season.
The weekend in St. Louis will feature a skills competition on Jan. 24. The games on Jan. 25 will see each of the four divisions compete in a 3-on-3 single-elimination tournament.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Teachers, health care workers among many in Triangle updating wills amid COVID-19
- ‘You have to do something’: Many understanding of mask, social distancing crackdown at UNC
- 4 inches of rain floods I-40, triggering crashes, closure in Sampson County
- Investigation into police officers underway after Black family wrongly detained
- Special needs, pre-K students will not return to buildings on Sept. 8, Wake County school system says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now