RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The Carolina Hurricanes have reached a five-year lease extension to remain in PNC Arena through July 2029.
The Centennial Authority owns the arena and announced the deal Thursday along with Hurricanes parent company Gale Force Sports and Entertainment.
The current lease agreement runs through the end of June 2024. Hurricanes president and general manager Don Waddell said the agreement comes after more than a year of discussions.
There have also been talks about facility upgrades and development in the surrounding property. The NHL franchise has played in the arena since its opening in 1999.
- Pandemic forces cancellation of 2021 New Year’s Day Rose Parade
- Tracking the Tropics: Differences in development basins around the world
- Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt tests positive for COVID-19
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Frito Lay and Nestle are hiring
- Asheville backs reparations in the form of community investment
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now