UNIONDALE, N.Y. (AP) — Vincent Trocheck scored 1:36 into overtime period to lift the Carolina Hurricanes to a 3-2 win over the New York Islanders.
The Hurricanes stopped a four-game losing skid and sent the Islanders to their sixth loss in a row.
The winning goal came with the Hurricanes on the power play.
Trocheck was able to bat the puck out of the air and past Islanders goaltender Thomas Greiss.
The goal was confirmed after a lengthy review by the officials.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- As U.S. marks 10,000 coronavirus deaths, Trump hopeful situation will improve
- Equipment shortage puts Triangle home health care workers in danger during coronavirus outbreak
- Logan’s Roadhouse temporarily closes all locations, terminates employees
- Can mosquitoes or ticks spread the virus that causes COVID-19?
- ‘I felt like death had knocked on my door,’ 35-year-old coronavirus survivor recounts illness
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now