UNIONDALE, N.Y. (AP) — Vincent Trocheck scored 1:36 into overtime period to lift the Carolina Hurricanes to a 3-2 win over the New York Islanders.
The Hurricanes stopped a four-game losing skid and sent the Islanders to their sixth loss in a row.
The winning goal came with the Hurricanes on the power play.
Trocheck was able to bat the puck out of the air and past Islanders goaltender Thomas Greiss.
The goal was confirmed after a lengthy review by the officials.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh police searching for escaped inmate from Central Prison
- Delays for COVID-19 test results impacts ability to slow virus spread, experts say
- Search called off after report of cars crashing into Cape Fear River from I-95
- 3 long-term care facilities in Raleigh have COVID-19 outbreaks, officials say
- Tropical Storm Fay makes landfall in New Jersey
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now