RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) - The Chicago Blackhawks have signed goaltender Cam Ward, winger Chris Kunitz and defenseman Brandon Manning.
Ward and Kunitz each signed one-year deals. Ward's agreement is worth $3 million. Manning got a two-year deal.
In signing Ward, Chicago grabbed a veteran goalie on the first day of free agency after Corey Crawford missed most of last season with an upper-body injury.
The Blackhawks think Crawford will be ready for training camp, but upgrading their situation in net was one of their top priorities after missing the playoffs for the first time since the 2007-08 season.
- Family speaks out after man released from jail following encounter with Raleigh police
- Raleigh police respond to shooting on Woodpecker Court
- Man, woman hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after shooting at Raleigh motel
- UNC historian calls Confederate monument movement 'a turning point in history'
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 3-judge panel blocks 2 amendments from NC ballot
- NC man wanted in assault of pregnant Waffle House waitress arrested in California
- ECU bus hits, injures bicyclist
- NC Zoo announces name of 2nd southern white rhino born in July