MONTREAL (AP) — Jeff Petry scored 52 seconds into overtime to lift the Montreal Canadiens to a 4-3 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes.
Phillip Danault, Max Domi and Brendan Gallagher scored in regulation for the Canadiens. Montreal snapped a two-game skid despite giving up a 3-0 lead. Tomas Tatar had two assists.
Charlie Lindgren made 27 saves in his first start since Feb. 4, when he won 5-4 in a shootout in New Jersey.
Carey Price got the night off after playing 11 consecutive games.
Haydn Fleury, Joel Edmundson and Justin Williams scored for the Hurricanes, who forced overtime after being down 3-0.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Equipment shortage puts Triangle home health care workers in danger during coronavirus outbreak
- Logan’s Roadhouse temporarily closes all locations, terminates employees
- Can mosquitoes or ticks spread the virus that causes COVID-19?
- ‘I felt like death had knocked on my door,’ 35-year-old coronavirus survivor recounts illness
- Wake Forest pizzeria partners with group to send smiles and hope to health care workers
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now