RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – James Reimer made 41 saves as the Carolina Hurricanes posted a shutout for the second consecutive game with a 2-0 win over the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday night.
Nino Niederreiter scored the opening goal 4:52 into the first period and Reimer took care of the rest to help Carolina earn its third consecutive win and finish a seven-game homestand with a 5-2-0 record.
Teuvo Terravainen added an empty-net goal with four seconds remaining.
Los Angeles goalie Jack Campbell was nearly as brilliant as Reimer as he stopped 28 of the 29 shots.
The Hurricanes played in their old Hartford Whalers jerseys on Saturday night.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Label: Rapper Pop Smoke slain in Hollywood Hills home invasion
- ‘Unconditional love’: Wounded Ft. Bragg veteran spends free time bonding with animals who need a home
- Raleigh residents anxious to rid rumbling, noise from preventive wastewater project blasting
- Violinist plays her instrument as surgeons remove brain tumor
- USDA finalizes new food stamp work requirements
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now