RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – James Reimer made 41 saves as the Carolina Hurricanes posted a shutout for the second consecutive game with a 2-0 win over the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday night.
Nino Niederreiter scored the opening goal 4:52 into the first period and Reimer took care of the rest to help Carolina earn its third consecutive win and finish a seven-game homestand with a 5-2-0 record.
Teuvo Terravainen added an empty-net goal with four seconds remaining.
Los Angeles goalie Jack Campbell was nearly as brilliant as Reimer as he stopped 28 of the 29 shots.
The Hurricanes played in their old Hartford Whalers jerseys on Saturday night.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Lawsuit: Va. police officers threatened man and his career during traffic stop
- After a hiatus due to the pandemic, the Southern Ideal Home Show is in full swing
- Staying warm with a chance of rain and storms this weekend
- Mom goes viral after sharing creative lunches for her kids on social media
- From gift cards to cash: these fitness apps pay you to get in shape