RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Andrei Svechnikov scored in the shootout, Petr Mrazek stopped San Jose cold in the tiebreaker and the Carolina Hurricanes beat the Sharks 3-2.
Svechnikov had a goal and an assist in regulation, Jake Gardiner also scored and Warren Foegele added two assists for the Hurricanes, who had lost three of four.
Svechnikov had the only goal of the tiebreaker, and after he beat Aaron Dell with a forehand, Mrazek stopped Logan Couture with his pads and stick to end it. Marcus Sorensen scored and Couture added a deflected goal for the Sharks, who have lost two in a row.
- Girls in Tennessee use toy to deliver cookies while social distancing
- What makes a business, its employees essential as NC urges people to stay home during virus pandemic
- Doctors share tips to safely grocery shop during COVID-19
- ‘Window visits’ common at Chatham County senior living community during coronavirus pandemic
- Clayton crash sends 3 to hospital, knocks out power for up to 7 hours
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now