RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Andrei Svechnikov scored in the shootout, Petr Mrazek stopped San Jose cold in the tiebreaker and the Carolina Hurricanes beat the Sharks 3-2.
Svechnikov had a goal and an assist in regulation, Jake Gardiner also scored and Warren Foegele added two assists for the Hurricanes, who had lost three of four.
Svechnikov had the only goal of the tiebreaker, and after he beat Aaron Dell with a forehand, Mrazek stopped Logan Couture with his pads and stick to end it. Marcus Sorensen scored and Couture added a deflected goal for the Sharks, who have lost two in a row.
- Video released after Raleigh officer fires 4 gunshots at carjacking suspect
- Some Triangle hospitals at full capacity as flu season intensifies
- Girl in Amber Alert found safe; wife and husband spot car, lead police to suspect
- Triangle Restaurant Week special offers for Jan. 20-26
- ‘Canes All-Star defenseman Hamilton undergoes surgery on broken leg
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now