RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The Carolina Hurricanes announced they made a pair of transactions Tuesday, including a deal that sent defenseman Trevor Carrick to San Jose.
Carrick largely played for the organization’s AHL affiliate in Charlotte during his five years as a professional.
The Hurricanes got defenseman Kyle Wood in return. The third-round selection by Colorado in 2014 broke into the AHL with 43 points in 68 games in 2016-17 for the Tuscon Roadrunners.
This past season, the 235-pound blueliner finished with 35 points and 47 penalty minutes in 68 games with San Jose’s AHL affiliate.
“Kyle is a big, puck-moving defenseman,” said general manager Don Waddell. “He’s a couple years younger than Trevor, and will have time to continue to develop on Charlotte’s blueline. We thank Trevor for his contributions to our organization and wish him the best in San Jose.”
Carrick, who has played in four games for Carolina in his five-year professional career, helped Charlotte to the Calder Cup this past year. He had a dozen points in 16 games for the Checkers.
Anton Forsberg, who was acquired via trade from Chicago earlier in the offseason, was given a one-year deal through arbitration. The contract will pay the 26-year-old $775,000 this season.
Forsberg is 11-24-4 with a 3.21 goals-against average and a .901 save percentage in 45 career NHL games.
Carolina begins the preseason Sept. 17 at Tampa Bay. The regular season begins Oct. 3 when Montreal visits Raleigh.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- 1 million air passengers reported in a day marks new flying milestone during pandemic
- Counties reaching out to about 10,000 NC voters who need to fix absentee ballot issues
- Wake County fire tanker truck crashes while responding to house fire
- 20-year-old ‘dead’ woman found alive at funeral home later dies at Detroit hospital, family says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now