CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN) — Do-it-all running back Christian McCaffrey has won the NFC’s Offensive Player of the Month for September, while rookie teammate Brian Burns was named NFC Defensive Rookie of the Month
McCaffrey leads all NFL players with 629 scrimmage yards and also a league-leading 411 rushing yards. He has amassed 218 receiving yards on 25 receptions with four total touchdowns.
The award marks McCaffrey’s first NFC monthly or weekly award in his career.
It’s been a special, record-breaking month for McCaffrey as he became the Panthers’ franchise leader in receiving yards by a running back. McCaffrey now holds the franchise’s game, season and career records for receiving by a running back.
Defensive end/linebacker Brian Burns is showing why the Panthers drafted him 16th overall.
Burns has tallied 11 tackles and 2.5 sacks through the first four games. He also leads rookies and is tied for the NFL lead in QB pressures with nine.
He’s done well with the special teams unit too, blocking two punts.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Johnston County parents concerned about mold, rot in classroom trailers
- Group to display ‘graphic pictures of aborted children’ in Wake Forest, town says
- How much should employers accommodate pregnant workers? Lawmakers discuss
- NC license plate agency customers question $5 cash notary fee
- Police: 2 suspect break into home, assault man before stealing property
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now