CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN) — Christian McCaffrey added another accolade after being named the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week.
McCaffrey’s 146 yard, two-touchdown performance versus the Tennessee Titans was enough to score him his second such award this season.
He took home honors in Week 3 following a 153 rushing yard performance against the Arizona Cardinals.
Because of his win, FedEx will donate $2,000 to the USO in McCaffrey’s name.
Former N.C. State Wolfpack signal-caller Russell Wilson was awarded the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week for his 378 yards, league-leading five touchdowns and zero interceptions in the Seahawks’ win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Man charged after NC homeowner foils break-in; suspect also accused of stealing car with kid inside
- NC man pleads guilty in young woman’s fentanyl-related death
- Man who killed NC woman in stabbing is held without bond, deputies say
- Teen shooter in birthday attack dies after 2 classmates killed, 3 wounded, police say
- New plans allows patients to see medical prices before treatment, Trump says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now