SEATTLE, Wash. (WNCN) — Former Carolina Panthers tight end Greg Olsen is signing a one-year, $7 million deal that includes $5.5M guaranteed with the Seahawks, sources say.
Olsen visited and negotiated with Buffalo, Seattle and Washington but felt most comfortable with the Seahawks, according to ESPN insider Adam Schefter.
Olsen was cut by the Panthers on January 30 after both sides mutually agreed to part ways.
In nine seasons with the Panthers, Olsen amassed 524 receptions, 6463 receiving yards and 39 touchdowns.
- 31 people tested in COVID-19 outbreak at Clayton nursing home; some workers walked out last week
- ‘I’ve got to be there for them,’ says Raleigh hospice certified nursing assistant
- ‘Memories are everything’: Cleveland product Caiden Norman treasures role with ECU despite limited playing chances
- 1-year-old shot in head in NC town, police say
- Duke law student recovers from coronavirus, wants others to learn from his experience
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now