CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Panthers coach Matt Rhule said he is considering kneeling alongside his players during the national anthem this season in support of the movement against racial injustice.
The first-year coach from Baylor has told players he will support them if they express their views.
Rhule said he will confer with his players before making any decision on whether to kneel during the anthem.
Houston Texans coach Bill O’Brien has said he plans to kneel with his players.
- Triangle-based lab to test ACC, Big South athletes for COVID-19, get results in under 24 hours
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- No more Uncle Ben’s – new name for rice brand revealed
- Warrant: Driver fleeing Durham deputy topped 100 mph before fiery crash that killed innocent man
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now