ATLANTA (AP) — Matt Ryan threw a 93-yard touchdown for the longest scoring play of his career and became the 10th quarterback in NFL history to reach 50,000 yards, leading the Atlanta Falcons to a 40-20 rout of Carolina.
The Panthers are officially eliminated from playoff contention with their fifth straight loss.
It also ruined the debut of interim coach Perry Fewell, who took over at the beginning of the week after longtime coach Ron Rivera was fired.
Atlanta snapped a two-game losing streak and swept the season series with their NFC South rival. The Falcons won the first meeting 29-3.
- Outer Banks island ravaged by storms and virus restrictions
- Virginia rocket launch may be visible for most of East Coast and as far west as Ohio
- NC reports record highs in daily deaths, total hospitalizations due to COVID-19
- North Carolina community colleges to train law enforcement officers on impartial policing
- Fight over wearing mask leads to fatal police shooting, state police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now