CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN) — Carolina Panthers kicker Joey Slye took home honors for this week’s NFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
The guy who Panthers fans refer to as “Swole Kicker” went 3-for-3 on field goals last in a 16-10 win over the Texans in Week 4.
Slye, who stepped in due to injuries suffered by longtime kicker Graham Gano, has not missed a beat.
He’s converted on 10-of-11 kicks this season, including 10-straight after he missed his first career attempt in the Week 1 opener vs. the Rams.
His accuracy and power have him sitting at first in the NFL in total points scored.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- US farmers just can’t catch a break in 2020
- Some Raleigh community activists say police won’t change if specific demands aren’t made
- California man caught eating 90-year-old grandmother’s body
- COVID-19 has potential to spread during protests, marches, health experts warn
- Some Raleigh protesters appreciate show of respect from police; others say it’s not enough
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now