CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Panthers have officially signed free agent quarterback Teddy Bridgewater to a three-year contract.
A person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press last week that the contract is worth $63 million.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the team doesn’t release financial terms of a contract.
Bridgewater replaces 2011 No. 1 overall pick Cam Newton, who was released on Tuesday after nine seasons with the team.
- Black and Blue Kickoff Live: Panthers prepare to take on Tom Brady, Bucs in week 2
- Panthers Spanish-language broadcaster takes heat over Trump-related tweet
- Panthers fall in close game against Las Vegas Raiders, 34-30
- Raiders uncertain what they’ll see from new-look Panthers
- Black and Blue: Panthers prepare for season opener against Raiders
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now