CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Panthers signed tight end Andrew Vollert and wide receivers Tommylee Lewis and Marken Michel on Sunday.
Vollert earned national attention when he was shown on “Hard Knocks: Los Angeles” telling Chargers coach Anthony Lynn to his face “you’ve got to be (expletive) kidding me” after learning he was being released on Aug. 1.
The undrafted 25-year-old tight end suffered a torn ACL in the 2019 preseason and was placed on injured reserve by the Chargers and was hoping to battle back and make the roster this season.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Senate passes bill to avoid government shutdown hours before deadline
- 6-year-old dies in 8-vehicle chain-reaction crash in Virginia
- Army veteran says he was fired for refusing to remove BLM mask: ‘There’s nothing political about it’
- Debates commission plans to cut off mics if Trump or Biden break rules
- Durham police arrest hit-and-run suspect