CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN) — The Panthers have signed quarterback Kyle Allen to a one-year contract extension.
Allen was an exclusive rights free agent, meaning the Panthers essentially held his rights.
The 24-year-old Allen replaced Cam Newton in Week 3 last season.
He started off his second NFL season by leading Carolina to four straight wins, but struggled down the stretch and was eventually replaced by rookie Will Grier.
It’s unclear where Allen stands on the team’s depth chart.
- Deputies investigating mysterious disappearance of woman, 3-year-old son in Rowan County
- Gatlinburg: New tower at Anakeesta taking guests to new heights
- Photos: The tragic history of the ‘Glee’ cast
- Man stabbed to death following fight at Roanoke Rapids barbershop
- NC woman fighting HOA after being told to take down Black Lives Matter sign
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now