CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN) — The Panthers have signed quarterback Kyle Allen to a one-year contract extension.
Allen was an exclusive rights free agent, meaning the Panthers essentially held his rights.
The 24-year-old Allen replaced Cam Newton in Week 3 last season.
He started off his second NFL season by leading Carolina to four straight wins, but struggled down the stretch and was eventually replaced by rookie Will Grier.
It’s unclear where Allen stands on the team’s depth chart.
- Logan’s Roadhouse temporarily closes all locations, terminates employees
- Can mosquitoes or ticks spread the virus that causes COVID-19?
- ‘I felt like death had knocked on my door,’ 35-year-old coronavirus survivor recounts illness
- Wake Forest pizzeria partners with group to send smiles and hope to health care workers
- How to effectively sanitize a home office
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now