CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN) — The Panthers have signed quarterback Kyle Allen to a one-year contract extension.
Allen was an exclusive rights free agent, meaning the Panthers essentially held his rights.
The 24-year-old Allen replaced Cam Newton in Week 3 last season.
He started off his second NFL season by leading Carolina to four straight wins, but struggled down the stretch and was eventually replaced by rookie Will Grier.
It’s unclear where Allen stands on the team’s depth chart.
- President Trump releases full CBS ’60 Minutes’ interview ahead of air date
- Here’s the story behind that viral video of Joe Biden hugging a Parkland shooting victim’s child
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch
- 2 arrested in connection with nearly 40 catalytic converter thefts across Raleigh
- Chick-fil-A sauces coming to stores in Georgia
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now