CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WJZY) – The Carolina Panthers suspended practice Wednesday and will not meet in person after an Atlanta Falcons player was placed on the NFL’s reserve/COVID-19 list.
The Panthers faced the Falcons in Atlanta last Sunday, coming away victorious and winning their third-straight game.
According to the Panthers, Falcons defensive tackle Marlon Davidson was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
No Carolina players were placed on the list as of Wednesday morning, but the organization entered the NFL’s intensive protocol as a precautionary measure.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake County Sheriff’s Office receives $200k matching grant for body cams
- Reward offered after 1 shot in Johnston County home invasion
- Appeals court allows NC to keep absentee deadline extension
- Epsilon strengthens to become 10th hurricane this season
- Gastonia prepares for Trump’s visit with more than 15,000 expected to attend
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now