CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WJZY) – The Carolina Panthers are closing the team facility Monday and Tuesday after additional players were added to the reserve/COVID-19 list.
Among the players added to the list are starters DT Derrick Brown, LB Shaq Thompson, and wide receivers DJ Moore, and Curtis Samuel.
Also added to the list were tackle Greg Little, WR Ishmael Hyman, punter Michael Palardy, and DT Zach Kerr.
Per NFL rules, teams cannot say whether players have tested positive for the virus or whether they are quarantining because of close exposure.
The Panthers said the team will hold virtual meetings and testing to start the week as they continue to consult with medical experts about their next steps.
The organization put rookie defensive end Yetur Gross-Matos and practice squad defensive tackle Bruce Hector on the reserve list last week.
The Panthers, who were off this past weekend, are scheduled to take on the Denver Broncos on Sunday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Lawyer of horned, shirtless Capitol rioter asking Trump for pardon
- Florida emergency chief strongly discourages ‘vaccine tourism’ flights
- Border wall disturbs peace at centuries-old cemetery in South Texas, descendant says
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Can’t make it to Memphis? Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours