ASHBURN, Va. (WAVY) — Former Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera has reached a deal to become the next coach of the Washington Redskins, per multiple reports.
The deal is reportedly for five years, though the details have yet to be disclosed.
The two-time NFL Coach of the Year was fired this year after nine seasons with Carolina. The Panthers went 5-11 and finished in last place in the NFC South.
Washington, looking to rebound from a long period of mediocrity, fired team president Bruce Allen on Monday and fired head coach Jay Gruden in October.
This breaking article will be updated.
- Business owners call on NC lawmakers to provide some relief
- Realtors navigate unprecedented times in housing market
- Wake County sheriff must resume processing pistol purchase permits, judge rules
- Coping with the Coronavirus: Travel advice during a health crisis
- Tuesday, March 31st : Get Creative with Dinner, Travel Advice during COVID-19
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now