ASHBURN, Va. (WAVY) — Former Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera has reached a deal to become the next coach of the Washington Redskins, per multiple reports.
The deal is reportedly for five years, though the details have yet to be disclosed.
The two-time NFL Coach of the Year was fired this year after nine seasons with Carolina. The Panthers went 5-11 and finished in last place in the NFC South.
Washington, looking to rebound from a long period of mediocrity, fired team president Bruce Allen on Monday and fired head coach Jay Gruden in October.
This breaking article will be updated.
- 15-year-old NC girl accused of driving drunk, causing crash that killed friend
- Missing NC teen girl last seen walking her dog 2 days ago
- ECU to pause athletic activities after 27 positive COVID-19 tests
- UNC history professor says Tar Heels should not be changed as university’s nickname
- Dive crews checking Falls Lake after possible drowning reported
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now