CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Panthers coach Matt Rhule said “it’s a possibility” star running back Christian McCaffrey could return to action Thursday night against the Atlanta Falcons.
Rhule said “it’s sort of out of my hands, but I am hopeful we will have him,” adding that the decision is largely up to the team’s training staff.
McCaffrey was back on the practice field Monday wearing a red jersey signifying an injured player and he remains on the team’s injured reserve list for now.
The 2019 All-Pro running back has missed the past five games with a high ankle sprain.
- Parents trying to raise $500,000 for infant son in need of a transplant
- 19-year-old charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting, police say
- Black gun club shares concerns, urges education ahead of Tennessee permitless carry
- ‘This senseless tragedy has put an end to all his dreams’: Man dies in Austin mass shooting
- ‘Like an earthquake’: NC homeowner settles with Duke Energy over construction damage