The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Raleigh police searching for escaped inmate from Central Prison
- Delays for COVID-19 test results impacts ability to slow virus spread, experts say
- Search called off after report of cars crashing into Cape Fear River from I-95
- 3 long-term care facilities in Raleigh have COVID-19 outbreaks, officials say
- Tropical Storm Fay makes landfall in New Jersey
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now