The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Blitz – 4A NC Championship | Cardinal Gibbons vs. Grimsley
- UNC addressing hundreds of COVID-19 violations outlined in conduct report
- 97-year-old NC mother of 14, grandmother of 40 excited for Mother’s Day after pandemic put a damper on 2020 celebrations
- NCCU pitcher Austin Vernon throws 1st no-hitter in school’s modern era
- Man paid hitman in Bitcoin to kill his wife, FBI says