The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- No more Uncle Ben’s – new name for rice brand revealed
- Warrant: Driver fleeing Durham deputy topped 100 mph before fiery crash that killed innocent man
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- NCCU, Durham Bulls, Blue Cross NC partner to provide meals to kids at Boys & Girls Clubs
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now