GREENSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — The ACC Tournament will continue as planned despite NCAA President Mark Emmert recommending that games go on without fans.
ACC officials announced the news via Twitter. The tournament, which started on March 10, is being held in Greensboro Coliseum, an arena that can hold up to 23,000 people.
The ACC says that they are aware of the NCAA’s recommendation and will evaluate the remainder of the tournament.
The tournament is scheduled to end on March 14.
- Amid record-high hospitalizations, Triangle doctors expecting more COVID-19 patients in coming weeks
- Lawmakers push to pass COVID-19 relief bill before the end of the year
- SC man pleads guilty in plot to attack White House, Trump Tower
- Obama memoir sells a record 1.7 million copies in first week
- Jupiter, Saturn to form closest ‘great conjunction’ in 800 years