GREENSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — The ACC Tournament will continue as planned despite NCAA President Mark Emmert recommending that games go on without fans.
ACC officials announced the news via Twitter. The tournament, which started on March 10, is being held in Greensboro Coliseum, an arena that can hold up to 23,000 people.
The ACC says that they are aware of the NCAA’s recommendation and will evaluate the remainder of the tournament.
The tournament is scheduled to end on March 14.
- Triangle-based lab to test ACC, Big South athletes for COVID-19, get results in under 24 hours
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- No more Uncle Ben’s – new name for rice brand revealed
- Warrant: Driver fleeing Durham deputy topped 100 mph before fiery crash that killed innocent man
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now