GREENSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — The ACC Tournament will continue as planned despite NCAA President Mark Emmert recommending that games go on without fans.
ACC officials announced the news via Twitter. The tournament, which started on March 10, is being held in Greensboro Coliseum, an arena that can hold up to 23,000 people.
The ACC says that they are aware of the NCAA’s recommendation and will evaluate the remainder of the tournament.
The tournament is scheduled to end on March 14.
- Wake County Board of Commissioners chairman says he won’t seek 3rd term
- Raleigh police searching for escaped inmate from Central Prison
- Delays for COVID-19 test results impacts ability to slow virus spread, experts say
- Search called off after report of cars crashing into Cape Fear River from I-95
- 3 long-term care facilities in Raleigh have COVID-19 outbreaks, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now