GREENSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — The ACC Tournament will continue as planned despite NCAA President Mark Emmert recommending that games go on without fans.
ACC officials announced the news via Twitter. The tournament, which started on March 10, is being held in Greensboro Coliseum, an arena that can hold up to 23,000 people.
The ACC says that they are aware of the NCAA’s recommendation and will evaluate the remainder of the tournament.
The tournament is scheduled to end on March 14.
- Divers recover body of teen who drowned at Falls Lake
- Chatham County woman wanted mother in nursing home tested, told no
- Woman accused of licking $1,800 worth of items at California grocery store arrested on felony charge
- Nearly half of Moore County nursing home residents tests positive for COVID-19
- NC State signee, Cardinal Gibbons quarterback Andrew Harvey reflects on his first love: Golf
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now