SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – Buddy Boeheim scored 21 points and Syracuse held off rival Georgetown for a 74-69 victory.
The Orange (7-2) have won four of their last five and rebounded from a 63-60 loss at home against Pittsburgh. Georgetown (3-8) has lost five straight.
Joe Girard had 18 points, a season-best eight assists, and two steals for Syracuse. Georgetown cut a 16-point deficit early in the second half to 68-65 on Jamari Sibley’s layup.
But Alan Griffin answered with an alley-oop dunk and Girard hit a jumper near the top of the arc for a 72-65 lead with 1:15 remaining.
Jamorko Pickett led Georgetown with 17 points. Jahvon Blair had 16 points and a career-high 10 assists
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- N.C. reports 7,986 new COVID-19 cases Saturday, deaths surpass 8,000
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- Biden to elevate role of science with cabinet picks