PITTSBURGH (AP) – Freshman Justin Champagnie poured in a career-high 30 points and Pittsburgh pulled away from Georgia Tech 73-64.
Champagnie made 12 of 17 shots, including all three of his 3-point attempts as the Panthers bounced back from a tough road loss at Notre Dame by clamping down on the Yellow Jackets late.
Trey McGowens added 14 points and nine assists for Pitt. Terrell Brown finished with nine points and six rebounds in his first start since late November.
Michael Devoe led Georgia Tech with 22 points with seven assists sand Moses Wright scored 12 for the Yellow Jackets.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trump commutes longtime friend Roger Stone’s sentence for crimes related to Russia investigation
- Wake County suspends high school sports, co-curricular activities indefinitely
- Missing NC mom found dead, 2 charged, police say
- 70-year-old NC man sentenced to 17 years in prison for $22 million Ponzi scheme
- Durham Sheetz employee tests positive for COVID-19, store will not close
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now