WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — Wake Forest beat Boston College 80-62 to snap a three-game ACC losing streak. Brandon Childress scored 20 points including 5-for-7 shooting from 3-point range, for the host Deacons.
Derryck Thornton scored 15 to lead the Eagles. Wake Forest 7-footer Olivier Sarr, who finished with 14 points and 13 rebounds, became the first Deacon to record a double-double in the first half since 2013.
BC, which never led, made only 6 of 29 (20.7%) of its 3-point shots.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Veterinarian walks California streets treating homeless peoples’ animals for free
- ‘Skull Breaker Challenge ’ leaves Arkansas teen with concussion
- Supreme Court rules slain Mexican teen’s family can’t sue Border Patrol agent in US court
- Colorado mom says teacher took video of disabled son to bully him
- Supreme Court to hear First Amendment dispute over same-sex foster parents
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now