BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) – Jalen Cone scored 18 points off the bench to lift No. 19 Virginia Tech to a 77-63 victory against Notre Dame.
Cone connected on 5 of 11 from the floor, including four 3-pointers, as the Hokies (9-2, 3-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) bounced back from Wednesday’s loss at Louisville.
Virginia Tech has won five of six games and five consecutive home games.
Keve Aluma added 15 points and 12 rebounds, and Hunter Cattoor had 15 points for the Hokies, who held Notre Dame to just two field goals in the second half.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- N.C. reports 7,986 new COVID-19 cases Saturday, deaths surpass 8,000
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- LIVE: Biden to elevate role of science with cabinet picks