SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – Elijah Hughes scored 19 points and matched his career high with nine assists, Buddy Boeheim added 15 points, and Syracuse beat Niagara 71-57.
Syracuse scored the first 10 points of the game and built a 16-point lead just over 6 minutes in on a three-point play by Hughes and the Purple Eagles couldn’t recover.
Syracuse ended its nonconference slate on a three-game winning streak.
Niagara has lost four straight under rookie coach Greg Paulus, a former Duke point guard.
- NC man charged after multiple dogs found dead
- NC leaders, in letter, call on businesses to speak out against restrictive voter laws
- Wilson’s police chief to retire after 26 years with the department
- Sponsored Content: FTCC Students are Getting Ready for Their Return to Campus
- Thursday, April 22nd: Getting Kids to do Their Chores; FTCC Students Return to Campus