CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) – Kameron McGusty scored 19 points and the Miami Hurricanes shot 53% to withstand a late rally by streaky Pittsburgh and win 66-58.
The Panthers had scoring runs of 18-2 in the first half and 17-3 in the second half but never led.
After falling behind 46-26 with 14 minutes left they cut the deficit to 51-47 but could get no closer.
The Hurricanes beat Pittsburgh for the seventh time in a row.
The Panthers failed to build on their victory Wednesday at North Carolina, which ended a 22-game road losing streak in the ACC.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- US issues new rules restricting travel by pregnant foreigners due to ‘birth tourism’
- ‘Introduction to Kansas City’: San Francisco columnist kicks off Super Bowl trash talk
- Robbed by kids, Tennessee victim shares shocking account
- Buffalo Wild Wings to give away free food if Super Bowl goes into OT
- 49ers super fan attends every home game, travels to away games