BOSTON (AP) – Jairus Hamilton scored a career-high 23 points, Jay Heath added 15 points and Boston College snapped a four-game losing streak with a 61-56 victory over Virginia Tech.
Jared Hamilton had his only two baskets of the game in the final 3½ minutes for the Eagles. Landers Nolley II led the Hokies with 15 points and Nahiem Alleyne added 10.
Virginia Tech had won four of its last five games and its previous five against BC.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- WATCH: NASA gives 3D view of Apollo 13 moon
- YouTuber faked an exotic vacation in Bali with pictures taken at a nearby Ikea
- Woman gets pinned at drive-thru lane of Virginia bank, sustains life-threatening injuries
- TSA: NC woman found with loaded gun at Virginia airport
- Study: Eating a big breakfast burns more calories
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now